Oily Hair Home Remedies
Most working women face a problem because of their oily hair. They have to wash their hair regularly to avoid greasiness. Oil is a normal excretion of the scalp that keeps hair well. Extreme oil output is what causes oily scalp issues. But, nevertheless, we are always searching for oily hair home remedies!
This can result from several causes such as heredity, hormonal changes, and too much stress. Girls with oily hair should avoid consuming excessive oily food and take good care of their hair. Oily hair is unmanageable. Girls who don’t care regularly care for their hair usually suffer from dandruff and itchiness. Their hair ends up looking unwashed, lifeless and dirty. Hence, it is vital to control this condition. People with oily hair must keep their scalp clean. But, shampooing regularly isn’t always a great idea. Shampoos with chemicals can even worsen the condition of your hair.
Luckily, there are many oily hair home remedies. You can now keep the grease in check and have a fresh look for a week.
Remedies For Oily Hair
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you’re wondering how to get rid of oily hair fast then look no further! Apple Cider Vinegar is the perfect oily hair home remedies. It contains acetic acid which maintains the pH level of the scalp. It controls excretion of too much oil and limits oil creation on your hair. Further, it functions as a strong hair tonic for you to experience soft and glossy hair.
- Blend 2 to 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl of water.
- After cleaning your hair with a gentle shampoo, apply this mixture.
- After few minutes, rinse it off using cold water.
- Do this process twice or thrice every week.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon is good for all types of scalp and hair issues and is a natural remedy for oily hair. Lemon possesses several essential vitamins and minerals that nurture healthy hair. The acidic trait of lemon stabilizes the pH level of the scalp and limits oil excretion.
- Blend the lemon juice in two bowls of distilled water. If you want you can also mix three tablespoons of honey.
- Use this solution on your scalp and hair. You should massage it nicely for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wait for 2 more minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this process thrice every week for great results.
3. Black Tea for Oily Hair
Black tea is one of the perfect oily hair home remedies as it contains an astringent, called tannic acid. It prevents the creation of too much oil on the scalp by hardening the pores.
- Mix 1 or 2 teaspoons of black tea leave to a bowl of water.
- Heat it for around 10 minutes.
- Pour the tea leaves and let the mixture to cool to normal temperature.
- Apply this lukewarm solution on your scalp and hair.
- Wash it off after five minutes with a mild shampoo.
- Do this process twice or thrice every week to get freedom from oily hair.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera plants are rich in vitamins, minerals, and enzymes which can help people get freedom from oily hair. It detoxifies the scalp of dust and limits oil secretion, while also nurturing your hair roots. And, the soft and mild nature of aloe vera will make your hair well.
- Pour shampoo into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in the bowl.
- Rinse your hair and leave the shampoo on your hair for 2 minutes before washing it off.
- Apply this as a natural shampoo to limit oiliness.
- People can keep this natural shampoo for more than a week in their refrigerator.
5. Baking Soda
If you’re wondering how to stop your hair from getting oily, then baking soda is that perfect solution for you! Because of its oil-retaining nature, is an awesome natural solution for oily hair. Plus, its soluble nature maintains the pH level of the scalp and limits foul smell.
- Add a part of baking soda in three divisions of water to create a mixture. Try it on wet hair.
- Keep it on for 3 minutes, and then rinse your hair with hot water.
- Repeat this process twice every week.
Plus, if you don’t have time to wash your hair, apply baking soda as an effective dry shampoo.
- Take some baking soda and massage it all across your hair.
- Next comb your hair thoroughly with a good quality comb.
- The baking soda will soak up all the oil.
6. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s Earth is a natural absorbent. It can be applied to fix the issue of oily hair. It boosts blood circulation in the scalp. Also, its mineral properties maintain the normal pH level of the scalp.
- Blend some water with three teaspoons of fuller’s earth to create a thick mixture. (You can increase or decrease the quantity of fuller’s earth based on your hair length.)
- Use the mixture on your scalp and hair.
- Wait for 12 to 15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process once every week.
Any type of alcohol or beer can offer a drying impact to your hair. It reduces the oiliness. The more the use of alcohol, the better for oily hair.
- Add half a cup of alcohol/beer in a bowl.
- Mix two cups of water in it.
- You can wash your hair every week with this mixture. It will not only limit the oiliness but also make the hair shine.
8. Apply Conditioner Cautiously
Avoid using conditioners on oily hair. When your hair becomes dry, apply it only to the ends of your hair (avoiding the scalp). I do not suggest conditioners for oily hair because it covers it with moisture which only increases oiliness and greasiness.
The above all are the natural treatment for oily hair. Follow these tips regularly and avoid the oily hair and get healthy and shiny hair.