- 1 Cold Sore Remedies
- 1.1 1. Apply Vanilla Extract on the Cold Sore
- 1.2 2. Use Licore Tea for a Cold Sore
- 1.3 3. Change Your Toothbrush
- 1.4 4. Don’t Touch the Cold Sore
- 1.5 5. Use Milk on Your Cold Sore
- 1.6 6. Hydrogen Peroxide as a Cold Sore Remedy
- 1.7 7. Peppermint Oil for Cold Sores
- 1.8 8. Use Echinacea on Your Cold Sore
- 1.9 9. Vitamins E and C can Cure Cold Sore
- 1.10 10. Cornstarch Paste as a Cold Sore Remedy
- 1.11 11. Witch Hazel for a Cold Sore
Cold sore is really awful as it is painful and makes you look ugly. It is caused due to the spread of the herpes virus. Basically, they look small and will usually pop up on the side of your lips. As it contains fluid when it breaks the virus spreads. You can take proper steps to prevent the severity. There are several cold sore remedies you can try to get rid of a cold sore, remove the pain with the marks and virus. You don’t have to use prescribed face creams which are not showing any results.
Cold Sore Remedies
Here are a few easy cold sore remedies:
1. Apply Vanilla Extract on the Cold Sore
You can apply pure vanilla extract on the affected areas. Vanilla is a popular natural alcohol based cure. It makes it difficult for the virus to spread any further. It limits the severity of the cold sore problem. When you visit a local store to buy vanilla, get an organic one. Apply it with a cotton pad when you feel a tingling effect.
- Take cotton and soak it in vanilla extract.
- Apply the cotton pad directly on your face.
- Repeat the step 3 to 4 times every day.
2. Use Licore Tea for a Cold Sore
It is another popular natural remedy for cold sores. It contains Glycyrrhizic acid which stops the virus cells from increasing. This acid can counteract the symptoms. You need to buy some licorice powder. Then, make a cream. Alternatively, you can consume licorice tea every day. However, consumption won’t be as effective as an application. It possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
- Add a teaspoon of licorice root powder in a bowl.
- Mix a half tablespoon of fresh water/petroleum jelly. Petroleum jelly will help cure cold sores quickly.
- For consistency and thickness, you can add more petroleum jelly into the paste.
- Use a cotton to apply the paste in affected areas.
Tip: Apply this at night for better results as you can leave it for hours.
3. Change Your Toothbrush
Your toothbrush surely can spread the virus once again. You should use another toothbrush after you get rid of the sore. Till then, avoid using any toothbrush.
4. Don’t Touch the Cold Sore
Obviously, you know you shouldn’t touch it. But, it is hard for you to avoid doing it. Sometimes, you even think of peeling it off. You know that it will only worsen your condition. Stop touching it, it will take less time to get cleared.
5. Use Milk on Your Cold Sore
You can apply whole milk on the affected area. Your cold sore will be healed at a faster speed removing pain. It possesses immunoglobulins and l-lysine, which destroys viruses-like herpes. It also helps fasten the healing process.
- Don’t boil the milk. You can put it in the freezer to use if you like.
- Take some whole milk in a bowl and apply it directly using cotton pads on the affected areas for some time.
- Use a clean towel to clean your face slowly.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide as a Cold Sore Remedy
Although hydrogen peroxide might be a bit painful, it can successfully cure cold sore. It will stop the virus from increasing or worsening and quickly cure it. However, you should keep the affected area clean.
- Soak a cotton pad in 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide. You can use 1 more teaspoon if necessary.
- Apply it on the affected areas. (It will sting apply it for some time.)
- Leave it for 5 minutes before washing your face.
7. Peppermint Oil for Cold Sores
You can use Peppermint oil to destroy all the virus and cure the sore. Herpes simplex virus typically stays below the affected skin. When you apply it immediately after seeing the first sign, it will cure it even faster. However, it shows awesome results even in worse condition.
- First, wash your face.
- Apply peppermint oil mixed with fresh water on the sore to get rid of the cold sore.
- Repeat this process twice every day until your skin gets rid of it.
8. Use Echinacea on Your Cold Sore
Most people usually drink Echinacea tea when they are sick. It will bolster your immune system and quickly cure you. It will also make it harder to catch bugs. Cold sore usually occur when your immune system is weak. Hence, Echinacea can also prevent cold sore outbreaks.
- Take a bag of Echinacea tea in a bowl with freshly boiled water.
- Cover the bowl with a plate. Leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and apply it on the cold sore.
9. Vitamins E and C can Cure Cold Sore
Vitamins are great to cure cold sore. It will increase white blood cell count, which needs to treat the sore. It will also help you fight with herpes. Vitamin E will relieve you of the scars, irritation, discomfort, and pain. You can get these vitamins from diet or oral supplement.
For Vitamin C, eat spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, red berries, kiwi, red and green bell peppers. For Vitamin E, eat leafy green vegetables, nuts, whole grain, and avocados.
10. Cornstarch Paste as a Cold Sore Remedy
The virus spreads in an over acidic atmosphere and makes an alkaline state. Cornstarch will be soothing and is the best cold sore remedies. When you apply it directly, it removes the itch burning pain of a sore. It will neutralize the pH of the sore. Applying cornstarch paste is one of the fastest cold sore remedies.
- Take a teaspoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of fresh water in a bowl.
- Mix it into a paste. You can add more water for thickness and consistency.
- Apply it on affected areas at night time.
- Wash your face in the morning.
- Repeat this process until you get rid of it.
11. Witch Hazel for a Cold Sore
Witch hazel is used as cold sore remedies. Get a bottle of witch hazel. You can alternatively get hydrosol, its distilled liquid version. It can cure plenty of maladies. It is usually great for skin care. Witch hazel can also cure acne, insect bites, bruises, and blisters.
- Take a tablespoon of witch hazel on a cotton pad.
- Apply directly on the affected areas.
- Leave it overnight.
- Repeat this process twice every day till required.